Program Duration : Minimum 3 years and Maximum 6 years
Eligibility : 10+2 or equivalent
Master of Library Science (M. Lib) is a post-graduate degree programme in library science. Various institutions and colleges in India offer the course as a full-time or part-time programme. The course provides a foundation for those interested in pursuing professions in research or teaching. Candidates who want to work can take advantage of the course's attractive employment options. Library science is an interdisciplinary topic that studies library administration ideas and procedures. Education, administration, and information technology are some of the key fields related with library science. This programme’s main objective is to enhance knowledge and skills relevant to strengthening the country’s libraries, archives, documentation and information centres. The M. Lib course duration is of one year programme. Master of Library and Information Science, or M. Lib, is a professional postgraduate degree level programme by a reputable university. To be eligible for the M. Lib programme, candidates must have completed their B. Lib.
* Ph. D in Library and Information Science
* M. Phil in Library and Information Science
* Marketing of Library and Information Products and Services
* Intellectual Property Rights & Copyright
* Electronic Publishing
* Information and Communication Technology Applications in LIS
* Technical Writing
* Content Management & Digital Library
* Public Library and Information System
* Academic Library and Information System
* Library Automation
The fee varies as per the location, ranking, the type of university, etc. for example the central government and state government universities have lesser fees as compared to deemed and private universities. In private universities, the student can have flexibility in classes and quick services.
This course includes a more in-depth examination of library science principles and methods. Additionally, it concentrates on both library administration and library science. If you don't have time to attend a traditional M.LIB programme, you can easily enrol in an M.LIB online education programme after earning your B.LIB degree.
* Information Technology Manager
* Rights and Reproductions Coordinator
* Competitive Intelligence Analyst
* Information Architect
* Library Director